Start your ELA class with a meaningful standards-based bell ringer. Take a look at what we use in our middle school ELA classes! With our bell ringers, we teach a word of the day, edit a sentence, and practice three standards based questions based on a short reading passage. These bell ringers help students immediately start working and they help us to cover Common Core based standards every single day.
ELA Core Plans provides teacher-written lesson plans, bellringers, and novel units designed to coordinate with Common Core State Standards.
- 21 Argumentative Writing Exercises: Breaking Down Arguments: 4 Interactive Ways to Teach Argumentative Writing Without Assigning an Essay
- 20. Teach Poetry With the Acronym TWIST UP!
- 19 Book Clubs in the Middle School ELA Classroom Part 2
- 18. Book Clubs in the Middle School ELA Classroom ~Part One
- 17. 3 Ideas to Use Other Than a Simple “Whole-Class Read” in the Middle School ELA Classroom