20. Teach Poetry With the Acronym TWIST UP!/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
Need some ideas on how to teach poetry? The acronym TWIST UP is a game changer when it comes to teaching poetry! Listen to learn how this simple strategy will have your students analyzing poems on a deeper level in no time. The acronym will help create wonderful discussions in your classroom, and everything you need to teach poetry can be included within the letters of the acronym.
19 Book Clubs in the Middle School ELA Classroom Part 2/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
Join us in this second episodes about implementing book clubs in your middle school ELA classroom. This episode will be all about adding accountability and fun!
18. Book Clubs in the Middle School ELA Classroom ~Part One/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
If you’ve been wanting to start book clubs in your middle school classroom, but you’re not sure how to do it, this episode is for you. This first episode of the series will explain how to form book club groups in your classroom and how to choose the right novels for your middle school students.
17. 3 Ideas to Use Other Than a Simple “Whole-Class Read” in the Middle School ELA Classroom/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
If you are wondering how to keep your middle school ELA students interested and engaged while reading, this episode is for you! We will talk about what to do other than a simple whole-class read to assess your studetns comprehension, provide them with higher order questions, and keep them all awake and active in the lesson. This episode will provide you with ideas that you can take immediately back to your own classroom.
16. Test Prep Tuesdays ~ Prepare for Standardized Tests the Easy Way/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
We have a solution for preparing your middle school ELA students for high stakes standardized testing in an effective and fun way. We call it Test Prep Tuesdays. Listen to find out how this method of ours avoids burn-out and encourages a growth mindset with the practice needed to prepare students for the end of the year test!
15. Christmas Lesson Ideas for Middle School ELA/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
Looking for fun and creative Christmas themed lessons for your middle school ELA class? We’ve got you covered with several of our favorite Christmas themed activities! Teach the standards while having some engaging and original Christmas fun! Be sure to check out our blog for all of the mentioned links and free printables! https://elacoreplans.com/middle-school-ela-christmas-activities/
14. We Are Thankful to Be Teachers!/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
A greatful heart truly does bring joy. This Thanksgiving season, we wanted to provide a list of all of the things that we are thankful for as teachers.
13. Middle School ELA Thanksgiving Lesson Ideas/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
If you need an engaging lesson for the days before Thanksgiving break, this episode has you covered! Listen to hear a creative writing assignment that your kids will remember forever! Plus, we will share some other fun Thanksgiving worthy lesson ideas. Be sure to visit our blog https://elacoreplans.com/middle-school-ela-thanksgiving-lessons/for the links mentioned and the free printables!
12. Games for Your Middle School ELA Class/in Podcast/by Tammy Sutherland
Today’s episode is all about games you can play in your middle school ELA classroom. We’ll tell you all about six super fun games that you can take back to your classroom immediately! Be sure to visit our blog for all show notes and printables!
ELA Core Plans provides teacher-written lesson plans, bellringers, and novel units designed to coordinate with Common Core State Standards.
- 21 Argumentative Writing Exercises: Breaking Down Arguments: 4 Interactive Ways to Teach Argumentative Writing Without Assigning an Essay
- 20. Teach Poetry With the Acronym TWIST UP!
- 19 Book Clubs in the Middle School ELA Classroom Part 2
- 18. Book Clubs in the Middle School ELA Classroom ~Part One
- 17. 3 Ideas to Use Other Than a Simple “Whole-Class Read” in the Middle School ELA Classroom